Sunday, March 29, 2015

A New Season of Motherhood - 5 part series


I am on a soul searching journey! The last few months I have felt crabby and uncomfortable in my own skin. I couldn't really figure out why. I have as you know been dieting. I am now beginning to realize that the food that I was putting in my body was not good for me or my thinking. It feel as though I am finally able to think clearly! 

With that said I have started to realize that I am beginning a new season of life or a new season of motherhood rather. How's that you ask? Well because my children are getting older. For 10 years of my life I have had to be the complete caretaker to my babies. They are all at an age now that I don't have to do everything for them. I am not saying that I will just leave them to do everything for themselves but, I don't have to do it ALL anymore. This was not an easy to grasp for me. As a mother you want to be able to help your children in anyway you can. You want to protect them from everything and make sure that they are completely happy 100% of the time. As they get older you can't do that like you did when they were an infant. 




So I am now starting to focus on myself again. I can honestly say that in the last week I have "fixed" my hair more that I have in, at least, 5 years. I use to wake up in the morning get the kiddos up and ready for school. Then I would just throw my hair up in a ponytail and begin my day with the 2 little ones. I rarely looked at myself in the mirror and never dressed up for the day. Jeans and t-shirts have been my wardrobe for as long as I can remember. I don't know what came over me this week but, I LOVE IT. I woke up curled my hair, put make-up on and dressed up in some "girly" clothes. I felt great! I felt like I was myself again and not hiding behind my insecurities. 

Have any of you gone through a new season of life and realized you weren't really living, just getting through each day?

Join me as I start the new season of motherhood! A 5 part series that examines how we, as mothers, can begin to find ourselves, AGAIN!


Until next time...

Katie B

No comments :

Post a Comment