Monday, April 6, 2015

A New Season of Motherhood: Part Three

Join me as I start the new season of motherhood! A 5 part series that examines how we, as mothers, can begin to find ourselves, AGAIN!

Part Three: Choose Joy



What makes you happy? 

Whatever makes you happy is apart of you. That may seem obvious but, as mommies we seem to always put our happiness last. We make sure our hubbies and kiddos are happy first before ourselves. 

In order for us to find ourselves we must choose the things that bring us joy. Do you like to run and clear your thoughts? Do it! Do you like to sit on your back porch and watch the sunrise? Make a cup of coffee and enjoy it! Do you like to watch Netflix? I recommend Gilmore Girls! 

Don't put yourself last anymore. Your family wants to see you happy and joyful! Do a happy dance or break into song when you are doing what you love. I love to cook, so when I am in the kitchen I make it an episode of "So You Think You Can Dance". I'm dancing around and completely embarrassing my kids. But, I'm having fun and the kids see that. Praise yourself when you do something awesome! It will be infectious I promise. Just the other day my oldest, Estella, was learning to braid her hair and when she finally got it you would have though she had won an Oscar!



So my advice for this part is, accept your Oscar and CHOOSE JOY!

Until Next Time...


Katie B


No comments :

Post a Comment